Marketing Your Blog Talk Radio Show Can Connect you with Million of Listeners
Marketing your blog talk radio show effectively can put you in touch with millions of Internet radio listeners. Little radio show hosting experience is required to launch your own show as a creative business leader on the online platform that’s powered by Cinchcast. In fact, Blog Talk Radio has a host tutorial you can read through in about an hour to learn how to set up and launch your first show. The station also has ongoing host seminars you can tune into to learn how to get the most out of your show.
At its website Blog Talk Radio notes that it is “the largest and fastest growing online talk radio network.” Celebrities, politicians, athletes, educators, community activists and creative business leaders regularly appear on Blog Talk Radio. The network has several categories you can create a creative business talk show in. Some of the categories are:
- Real Estate
Increase Your Creative Business Radio Blog Talk Radio Show’s Search Engine Ranking
Add keywords to each show you host to increase your show’s search engine ranking. If you listen to other Blog Talk Radio programs, marking good shows as favorites, you can start building followers for your show. However, the number one way to gain show followers is to provide quality content in your interviews.
You can do this by creating a short intro (consider adding music to your intro) to your show and researching for interviews several days before the actual live taping of the show. Prepare a question for approximately every minute you’re on the air. Therefore, if your show airs for an hour, prepare at least 30 questions for your guests.
Market Your Blog Talk Radio Show as a Creative Business Leader
Other action steps you can take to market your Blog Talk Radio show as a creative business leader are to:
- Create a catchy name for your radio show (e.g. Off The Shelf Radio)
- Mention your creative business name, street address and website URL at the start and end of each show. Invite listeners to stop by and visit you online and offline.
- Schedule your show on the same days and time each week (e.g. Saturday at 11 a.m. EST)
- Write an attention grabbing description for each of your shows
- Add a photo of yourself, your guests or a logo to your Blog Talk Radio show’s main page
- Distribute a press release to the media four to five days before upcoming shows air
- Email your colleagues, employees, family and friends, asking them to tune into the show
- Submit your Blog Talk Radio show as a feature show on the site
- Interview business clients, leaders in your creative business industry and other movers and shakers, people who can generate a following
- Add a link from your Blog Talk Radio show to your company website, asking visitors to tune in
- Post information about upcoming shows on blogs, community networks you’re a member of
- Encourage guests to promote their feature shows to their family, friends, colleagues and supporters
- Send messages to your social networks (e.g. Twitter, Facebook, Linkedin, Posterous) several minutes before the start of your show, asking followers to tune in
Also make sure to open the chat room for your Blog Talk Radio show before it starts airing as several listeners may tune in via the chat room. Write a welcome message, greeting chat room visitors, as soon as you open the chat room window. You can also switch from the studio (where you have access to your show’s control panel) to the chat room to ask chat room visitors questions and keep interest in the show high. After your show airs, send guests a “thank you” note; include the link to the streamed show so they can pass it to people they know who were unable to tune in live.
Although you can hire someone to host your weekly Blog Talk Radio show, listeners might feel more closely connected with you as a creative business leader if you take to the airwaves directly yourself. Remember that, as a paying host, you can schedule your show to run for as short as 10 minutes or for as long as three hours. Sign up for the revenue ad share program (it’s free) and collect extra money while you grow your online radio audience, people who can become repeat customers of your creative business products and services.
Get into Spiral online at: https://www.ebookit.com/books/0000000841/Spiral.html
Check out Long Walk Up online at: https://www.ebookit.com/books/0000000531/Long-Walk-Up.html
Blog Talk Radio (www.blogtalkradio.com)