By Rhonda Campbell
Billions of people visit social media networks. The social networks have become so popular that, not only has one become a publicly owned company (Facebook), millions of people visit them one or more times a week. Considering the growing popularity of social media networks, it’s easy to see why you might think having a best website design, one that’s developed by a professional website designer, isn’t as important as it was, let’s say, a decade ago.
Design Company Best Websites that Strengthen Small Business Brand
However, considering the fact that all of the images, descriptions, testimonials and customer reviews of your small business products and services are likely posted at your custom website and not at your social media accounts, it’s still a very good idea to have a small business website.
Yet, you might not recognize the benefits of having a small business website unless you, or a member of your technology team, creates a professionally designed small business website. Fortunately, with a healthy dose of vision, creativity and tech skills you can build an effective custom website in a matter of hours. Elements you should focus on and/or that your custom website should include are:
- Design your new websites with your company’s target audience in mind
- Ensure your custom website downloads in less than three seconds and works well with several different web browsers
- Add your business contact information (if you’re a brick and mortar store, include your company’s street address on your website. Also, include your telephone number. If you include your email address, consider masking the address to avoid receiving spam.). This one sounds so simple, yet so many small business owners don’t do it. However, the benefits of adding contact info to your business website are great! To start, doing so creates a perception that you’re business is legitimate. That, in turn, can engender trust in website visitors, which can yield you customer sales.
- Include the days and hours of operation (again this is if you operate a brick and mortar location)
- Add product images (use quality pictures; however, keep in mind that the higher the resolution of pictures, the more bandwidth your server will use each time someone visits pages high resolution pics are on and the longer it can take for your website to load)
- Highlight customer testimonials and reviews on pages during the website building process
- Provide links to your social media accounts (makes it easy for consumers to get to know you and your small business better)
- Use two to three complimentary colors (it’s worth it to read up on the impact different colors have on humans. For example, reds represent passion and action while blues create a feeling of trust.)
- Create a logo and slogan that illustrates your business brand (check out logos and slogans major companies like Sun Microsystems, Bose Corporation, IDT, Ford, General Dynamics and Panasonic use to get ideas). Include the logo on all your print and electronic business correspondence to create an impression in the human consciousness (people will remember your brand this way)
- Add relevant meta tags in the HTML section of your website. Use relevant search engine optimization keywords in meta tags
- Add relevant and valuable content to your website (consider blogging to keep the content fresh; you can also add a calender of industry related events, feature interviews, etc. to your custom website to keep the content fresh)
To generate more traffic at your small business website consider adding a blog to the site. Also, if you do add a blog, upload three or more new articles or blog posts a week. Regularly uploading new articles may help to increase your website’s search engine ranking. Also, encourage your employees to visit your new websites.
If you enjoyed or benefitted from this article, share it with others by clicking the Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Plus and Share buttons below. You bet! We appreciate it!
Click the “Subscribe” button at the side or bottom of this post so you can always be the very first person to receive our updates!
Get Your Copy of Spiral at https://www.ebookit.com/books/0000000841/Spiral.html