By Rhonda Campbell
As a freelance writer, you generally don’t have a team of colleagues working around you. In fact, you probably pound out one article, corporate speech, white paper or e-book for hours a day in an office that has only one person in it – you.
For this reason, it’s easy to start feeling isolated when you work full-time as a freelance writer. Because you’re sitting on your backside for seven or more hours a day, it’s also easy to get out of shape physically. After a year or more of inactivity as you lean over your computer, typing feverishly, don’t be surprised if you step on the scale and discover you’ve gained 10 or more pounds.
I know. It sounds horrible. This isn’t what you signed up for when you designed your writer’s website, blog and uploaded your writing portfolio.
Staying Fit as a Freelance Writer
If you want to lose unwanted pounds that you gained while writing for long hours, consider taking one or more of the following steps. By taking the following steps you can also avoid gaining any weight at all as a freelance writer or keep yourself from gaining additional pounds.
- Enjoy 10-15 minutes of calisthenics in the morning
- Eat a healthy, low fat breakfast
- Get outside and take a brisk walk in the middle of your work day (This one does wonders for your physical and mental health.)
- Stop and eat 3 to 4 healthy meals each day (This one might be hard to believe, but going all day without eating and then eating right before you go to bed is a good way to pack on pounds. It’s also a good way to spike your blood sugar levels.)
- Lift dumbbells at your office desk as you near the end of your workday
- Stretch for a few seconds before you go to bed
- Grab a friend or family member and go hiking, bike riding, swimming, to play a fun game of tennis, etc. on the weekend
- Drink plenty of fresh water every day
- Meditate or perform another relaxing activity every day to keep stress low
- Get enough sleep at night
Staying fit as a freelance writer is important to your writing career. The more fit you are, the more energy you will have to keep cranking out those high paying writing projects. You’ll also have energy to hang out with friends when you’re not writing and spend time with your family. From an appearance standpoint, if you stay fit as a freelance writer, you can also keep your eye-catching figure, the one you had when you went to your high school prom.
If you enjoyed or benefitted from this article, share it with others by clicking the Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Google Plus and Share buttons below. You bet! We appreciate it!
Click the “Subscribe” button at the side or bottom of this post so you can always be the very first person to receive our updates!
Get Your Copy of Spiral at https://www.ebookit.com/books/0000000841/Spiral.html